Tuesday, February 1, 2011

...exhaustion!

Whew!  Where did January go?  I can't say I'm really sad to see it go, it has been one whirlwind after another!  I started this month off by having surgery, you know the kind of surgery where 1/2 the people when they hear say "Oh it is so much is easier than 10 years ago, you will bounce back in no time!" & the other 1/2 say "Oh, you will be down for 6 weeks. Here is a list of the things you can't do..."  And then they begin to hover...and if you know me you know how much I LOVE to be hovered over, it is not that I don't appreciate the help, I do, it is just I like to do things for myself.  Not being able to do what I want when I want, well... we will save that rant for another post.
   So anyhow back to January,  then of course there is the Cub Scout triumph that is the Pinewood Derby.  Now at our house this year was our first as participants, we had been involved when I was Cubmaster, totally different!  I am proud to say that we did not go overboard, but with Kent traveling the planning did seem to be quite consuming, but we got the car built as a family, even if Mama was more there for moral support than anything.  The next Monday, Bug woke up with a temp. of 102....by lunch  Turtle was home with it.  The Dr.  keeps telling me that I can expect up to 6 mos of fatigue, I had no idea what fatigue was till I fell asleep while reading to the minions.  The last bit of craziness came in the form of a 5th grade science fair project.  You would think a child of mine would be all in for a science project, I mean really can you use a potato battery  as a blasting cap?  The world needs to know,  but really it was all we could do to get through it.  But here we are, Feb.1, a fresh start,  too bad I'm so tired I can't get off the couch!  Oh, and did I mention we had to replace the hot water heater...I need a nap.  The weather is great(if you like cold), wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment