Wednesday, November 24, 2010

...Over the river and through the woods,

To Grandmother's house we DON'T go.  I am not sure how the weather service could possibly gotten it this wrong but they did.  We were heading over to Denver for turkey day and we thought that, based on the weather reports, we would miss the majority of the storm.  We would have been better off in a sleigh!  We made it to the Wyoming boarder just fine but less than 20 miles later we were white knuckling it through zero visibility, soooo...we turned around. Thank's to the Best Western in Evanston for being pet friendly and letting our two over-sized fur balls stay with us in the nice warm room 'cause it was cold! This morning coming down the canyon it was very slick and a little scary, but as soon as we got in to the valley we started to question our sanity, there was no snow on the ground like had been forcasted...what?!?!?!  Well anyhow here we are safe and warm at home, with a turkey breast in a brine, ready to go on the grill in the am.  Thanksgiving is going to be a special day of just our little family being together.  I am thankful for my Hubs, whether he is here or not.  I am thankful for my kiddos, even when I'm not feeling it.  I am thankful for my home, even when it is a mess and I want to run screaming from it.  I am thankful for my religion and for the rights of others to not believe.  I am thankful for my right to rant and your ability to read it...or not.
The weather's great, wish you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment